new moon, eclipse, noah rains...life is epic, can i keep up?


 I finally get back here, after the epic pass-through of Hurricane Helene, who wreaked destruction across the Southeast, including my beloved Western NC. We got off easy. Power out for abut 2 minutes, and lots of branches down, but nothing that even constituted more than a minor hassle. I am grateful. A few days of anxiety and worry about NC friends who were unaccounted-for, (they're all fine) and no sleep, but I'm tracking back into normalcy. 

Welcome, Holy October! Do I love Fall or Spring more? I love each in its own moment, no months more deeply than October and April, I think, though arguably, March and November are far nicer in Atlanta. Today is the day of an annular eclipse that we won't see (but I'm feeling into it, nevertheless) and the new moon. I'm determined to do nothing til the moment passes, but in reality, I'm cleaning a little house and taking care of stuff I've procrastinated into oblivion. I will also reset my altars, do a tarot reading for the prevailing mood and winds, and continue my tending practice. 

The employment front remains at a sludgy standstill. The school district still hasn't posted its call for sub teachers, so my completed application sits, unread, in some virtual file cabinet. My pollworker application is at a standstill - I need to complete a couple of forms, and find a training to go to, but they haven't been updated. I hope this comes through. 

There was a big biolab fire in Conyers on Sunday morning that released a giant cloud of chlorine and smoke across Rockdale and South DeKalb counties, and effectively brought everything to a standstill, as people sheltered in place. I have not been affected, to my knowledge. But I haven't wanted to venture south of here, either, to experience the traffic, burning eyes, and institutional and commercial shutdown that it's triggered, either, in what would otherwise be a splendid time to venture to Arabia Mountain for a hike, or into the Memorial Drive area to drop off pollworker forms...

Instead, I used some more of my Spa Land Spa Land gift card to bask and escape most of the day, yesterday. The spa was blissfully quiet and empty. I soaked, slept, and gave myself a big pedicure. I still have one more visit left on this card, and I'll be saving it for some much-needed self-care, post November 5, no matter who gets elected. 

I haven't really yet made this blog public, on my Rav page, which would be my main portal into it, at this point. I suppose it's an offshoot of Sycamore and Goldenrod, which is an offshoot of The Knitted Brow. I set out to make it more of my spiritual blog, but I am unable to separate the Spiritual from the Mundane. I knew that about myself, going in...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, Seeking Balance

Hiding in Plain Sight

no one's treading on you, sweetie, but you're weird